Community-Centric & Equitable Fundraising
10 Principles of Community-Centric Fundraising (CCF):
1. Fundraising must be grounded in race, equity, and social justice.
2. Individual organizational missions are not as important as the collective community.
3. Non-profits are generous with and mutually supportive of each other.
4. All who engage in strengthening the community are equally valued. whether volunteer, staff, donor or board member.
5. Time is valued equally as money.
6. We treat donors as partners, and this means that we are transparent, and occasionally have difficult conversations.
7. We foster a sense of belonging not othering.
8. We promote the understanding that everyone (donors, staff, funders, board members, volunteers) personally benefits from engaging in the work of social justice – it’s not just charity and compassion.
9. We see the work of social justice as holistic and transformative, not transactional.
`10. We recognize that healing and liberation requires a commitment to economic justice.
To learn more about these principles, or the CCF movement please visit: Home - CCF (communitycentricfundraising.org)